VKA - Virginia Kidd Agency
Electronic Manuscript Requirements
- Upon printing out, manuscripts must be one-sided, on 8.5x11 sheets, with minimum 1" margins.
Print a few pages. Make sure the pages come out that way.
- Lines: double-spaced.
- Font: preferably Times New Roman, 12 point minimum
- Paragraphs: indent the first line five spaces.
- Italics: indicate by underlining.
- Hyphenation: Don't. The publisher takes care of that.
- Blank lines: center a # character in the line.
- First page top: your real name, e.g. "Jane Deering."
- First page, top right: reasonably accurate word count.
- First page, dead center: Story Title.
- Immediately after title: "by Janette Doe" — pen name can go here.
- Omit copyright notice and rights statements.
- Begin the story one blank line under "by Janette Doe."
- On subsequent pages, last name and page number at upper right: Deering/2
- Last page: Center the word "end."